- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
An exciting Contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced PCB Engineer to migrate schematic capture tools and processes. Design Validation and Scripting Tools and Schematic Tool Migration experience.
Working arrangement - Combination of on-site working and Working From Home.
Schematic tool migration
Objective: To migrate schematic capture tools and process from OrCAD to xDxDesigner VX (PADS Designer).
- Devise and implement the necessary Designer folder structures, tool configurations and template files.
- Devise and set up new DxDatabook and Central Library structures and databases.
- Migrate existing PCB footprint unmanaged library elements to the new Central Library, start to populate the Central Library with new symbols and parts.
- Understand the existing BOM process and tools, devise and implement a new BOM process and tools.
- Set up any maintenance tools required.
Skills and experience:
- xDxDesigner VX experienced user, preferably with experience of being a design/data administrator and setting up and administering a xDxDesigner installation.
- Good understanding of PADS libraries and layout tools.
- VBA and scripting tools.
- Electronics and PCB background
Objective: For identified products; specify, carry out, analyse and report on design validation.
- Devise and write design validation test specs.
- Devise and build any required test setups, equipment, and test software/scripts.
- Carry out design validation test.
- Analyse test results, and write test reports.
Skills and experience:
- Understanding of design validation process, analysis techniques, and documentation.
- Experience of scripting tools.
- Experience of carrying out design validation testing including; temperature, vibration, voltage envelope, stress, etc.
- Writing test specifications and reports, analysing test results.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.