- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Works Assurance Manager
Matchtech are delighted to announce that we are working with a major highways construction client in the midlands, and we have an exciting Quality Manager requirement with them on the Area 9 contract.
Reporting to the Construction Manager. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Undertaking inspection, examination, surveillance and witnessing of construction works to verify compliance with the design.
2. Assisting with undertaking the role of the Supervisor under the NEC conditions of contract.
3. Undertaking the role of the Works Examiner in accordance with Highways England Standard CG300 'Technical Approval of Highway Structures'.
4. Ensuring that quality is embedded and embraced by the construction teams in order that all relevant quality and assurance records are collated and retained.
5. Checking for compliance with relevant Quality Plans including associated Inspection and Test Plans.
6. Signing off completed works including any agreed deviations from the design.
7. Ensuring appropriate inspection, sampling and testing is carried out to verify compliance. Carrying out quality checks and reporting of any non-conformances.
8. Assisting with the quality management and control of all site operations including monitoring the performance of site operations.
9. Promoting a 'right first time' culture and the use of quality management procedures as a means of continuous improvement.
10. Assisting with the collation of records required for incorporation into the handover documentation (eg. Health and Safety Files, as-constructed drawings and asset registers).
11. Promoting the introduction of innovation, and the recording/sharing of best practice and lessons learnt.
12. Promoting a partnering ethos to provide a working environment of co-operation, trust, respect, open communication and honesty.
13. Assisting with the implementation of the Construction Phase Plan including compliance with the requirements (eg. site inductions and site rules).
14. Assisting with the implementation of the Kier 5 SHE Basics, Training and Competence, Risk Assessment for every task, Induction for every worker, Safe System of Work and Point of Work Risk Assessment are embedded for all works.
15. Attending regular meetings with the contractor to review performance. Participating in Monthly Progress Meetings with senior personnel from the Highways England, Kier Highways and contractor.
16. Verifying that all changes to the works have been agreed and properly communicated to the contractor.
17. Ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities within the works assurance team.
18. Advising and motivating Kier Highways staff and ensure that functions are satisfactorily performed including making arrangements for appropriate training, where required.
19. Verifying that temporary works are installed in accordance with the approved design where they may have an impact on the permanent works.
20. Monitoring the performance and operations of contractors to ensure works are carried out to the required standard. Report on their performance.
21. Verifying that the quality records are prepared and maintained on site, and the necessary approvals are in place.
22. Ensuring all data necessary for the measurement of quality related key performance indicators (KPIs) is collected, recorded and reported.
23. Recommend improvements in and the development of quality assurance related processes and procedures.
24. Escalate significant quality performance issues to the Construction Manager and assist with the development/implementation of corrective action.
25. Support the evaluation and selection of contractors and suppliers including ensuring suitable quality management procedures are clearly defined.
26. Proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies and improved quality in the construction of schemes.
27. Provide input into design and construction to assist with improved buildability and quality of construction.
28. Identify and implement continuous improvements which eliminate, reduce or provide greater certainty of compliance during construction.
29. Liaison with the construction management team on site to ensure quality performance issues are promptly addressed. Assist with the development of appropriate corrective/preventative action.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.