- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Works Assurance Inspector
Matchtech are delighted to be working alongside a major highways contractor on the Area 9 HE contract, and are currently recruiting a Works Assurance Inspector.
Reporting to the Works Assurance Manager. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Undertaking inspection, examination, surveillance and witnessing of construction works to verify compliance with the design.
2. Assisting with undertaking the role of the Supervisor under the NEC conditions of contract.
3. Assisting with fulfilment of the role of the Works Examiner in accordance with Highways England Standard CG300 'Technical Approval of Highway Structures'.
4. Supporting the construction teams with the completion and collation of all relevant quality assurance records.
5. Checking for compliance with relevant Quality Plans including associated Inspection and Test Plans.
6. Carrying out quality checks, signing off completed works and reporting of any non-conformances.
7. Verifying appropriate inspection, sampling and testing is carried out to demonstrate compliance with the design.
8. Assisting with the quality management and control of construction activities on site including monitoring performance and advising on appropriate action to avoid defects.
9. Promoting a 'right first time' culture and the use of quality management procedures as a means of continuous improvement.
10. Assisting with the collation of records required for incorporation into the handover documentation (eg. Health and Safety Files, as-constructed drawings and asset registers).
11. Helping to promote the introduction of innovation, and the benefits of recording/sharing of best practice and lessons learnt.
12. Promoting a partnering ethos to provide a working environment of co-operation, trust, respect, open communication and honesty.
13. Assisting with the implementation of the Construction Phase Plan including compliance with the requirements (eg. site inductions and site rules).
14. Assisting with the implementation of the Kier 5 SHE Basics, Training and Competence, Risk Assessment for every task, Induction for every worker, Safe System of Work and Point of Work Risk Assessment are embedded for all works.
15. Attending regular meetings with the contractor to review performance including quality of work and compliance with relevant procedures.
16. Verifying that all changes to the works have been agreed and properly communicated to the contractor.
17. Verifying that temporary works are installed in accordance with the approved design where they may have an impact on the permanent works.
18. Monitoring the performance and operations of contractors to ensure works are carried out to the required standard. Report on their performance.
19. Verifying that the quality records are prepared and maintained on site, and the necessary approvals are in place.
20. Verifying all data necessary for the measurement of quality related key performance indicators (KPIs) is collected, recorded and reported.
21. Identifying improvements in and the development of quality assurance related processes and procedures.
22. Escalating quality performance issues to the Works Assurance Manager and assist with the development/implementation of corrective action.
23. Proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies and improved quality in the construction of schemes.
24. Provide input into design and construction to assist with improved buildability and quality of construction.
25. Identify and implement continuous improvements which eliminate, reduce or provide greater certainty of compliance during construction.
26. Liaison with the construction management team on site to ensure quality performance issues are identified and addressed. Assist with the development of appropriate corrective/preventative action.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.