- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Welding Engineer
BAE Systems are currently seeking a Principal Welding Engineer to work on the new nuclear deterrent Dreadnought Submarine build at Barrow.
Principal Welding Engineer - 6 Months - Barrow (Cumbria) - £50ph LTD/Umbrella (Other Payment Methods Available) (Inside IR35 from April)
This role requires a Full Security Clearance (SC) prior to starting. Therefore, you must be able to achieve this clearance. We are only accepting full UK Nationals who are born in the UK for this role, and have no dual or relinquished nationalities.
The Dreadnought Submarine will be the UK's new nuclear Submarine to replace Vanguard in carrying the nuclear warheads. Barrow is the heart of the project, where most of the design and build takes place. This position is for 37.5 hours per week, with a half day usually in place on Fridays.
- Provide welding engineering guidance and support to structural and piping areas across the submarines business unit.
- Undertake Procedure Qualification Record development, testing and formal approval of welding procedure specifications to support process improvements within the production environment.
- Assist with preparation and transmittal of welding documentation to production areas.
- Monitor weld quality within structural and piping areas and report findings to line management.
- Conduct routine process audits within production areas to investigate defect trends and facilitate improvement.
- Investigate and review emerging process technology and consumables for applicability to submarine construction.
- Liaise with internal departments (production, QC/QA etc) to ensure welding process control is enforced and maintained.
- Qualified to BSc/BEng level or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject.
- European Welding Federation qualification to Engineer level.
- Chartership with The Welding Institute
- Familiar with national and international codes and specifications relating to welding.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently as required.
- Able to assimilate and process data from a range of sources
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the business.
- Significant demonstrable working knowledge of the main welding processes typically used for structural and piping applications within a heavy engineering environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.