- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Structures Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Bridge / Structures Engineer to join a team managing Highways England's structural assets on the NW strategic road network.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer in a structures team, to lead and coordinate the activities and resources involved in the identification and development of early solutions for the maintenance of the areas Highway structures.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position
What you'll be leading on
- Lead the development of feasibility studies for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling and checking of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
- Lead on development of structures (Bridges and other infrastructures) asset management documents such as management of substandard structures, management of post tensioned structures etc..
- Lead on the development of AIP's, structural reviews and assessments.
- Identify, prepare briefs and support delivery of survey works that support the improvement and/or renewal of assets.
- Develop technical briefs provided to the design services contractor for improvement and renewals work.
- Design of structures renewals and maintenance schemes.
- Development of forward works programme.
- Provide structures technical support to Project Managers by providing materials approvals, vetting of contractors' compliance, inspection support on site, and reviewing of Health and Safety Files.
- Ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
To be successful
- Degree or Higher national diploma in relevant discipline and appropriate experience in development of structures renewals schemes and programmes
- Strong knowledge of structures asset management
- Experience of completing structural assessments and asset maintenance designs
- Extensive experience in the use of asset databases
- Extensive knowledge of Construction design management 2015 and associated duties
- Understanding of the cost benefit analysis of renewals schemes
- Experience in highway infrastructure design and development
- Chartered member of a professional institution desirable (CEng MICE or MIstructE)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.