- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Cost Control - Finance
The position closes for applications on Sunday 29/11/2020 at 23:55
Due to the security requirements of these two posts, they are open for applications from Sole UK Nationals only.
The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) is an Executive Agency of the Ministry of Defence responsible for the procurement, in service support and disposal of the UK's nuclear submarines.
We have two exciting opportunities for Cost Control Finance specialists to join the SDA team at HMNB Devonport in support of these vital Ministry of Defence projects.
Working for Superintendent Submarines in an in-service support environment, successful candidates will take lead roles to provide robust management of cost information. These are challenging roles that can offer a wide variety of activities and responsibilities.
Superintendent Submarines is responsible for managing the delivery of all submarine maintenance activities at Devonport Naval Base. As a Cost Control Finance practitioner, you will be responsible for recording, analysing and reporting project costs; ensuring all financial and performance reporting requirements are met.
Working closely with suppliers and stakeholders to integrate relevant cost and performance information, you will ensure that data is interpreted, challenged and communicated within financial systems and to key stakeholders.
Dedicated to personal and business improvement, you will possess excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills; with experience of working collaboratively across functions and industry.
These roles would suit project cost management/finance professionals with a proven track record either in supplier, consultant or client-side roles.
If successful your responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following -
* Produce accurate and timely forecasts ensuring any variance and financial risk commentary is accurate and insightful
* Provide financial input, challenge and information at the monthly reviews to empower stakeholder decision making
* Enter and reconcile cost information into project financial systems, ensuring a clear audit trail
* Consistently monitor project cost spend against approvals
* Produce monthly accruals and support the payment of claims
* Actively support the Cost Control Finance lead with any audit and compliance requests
* Support Estimators to develop cost models and assist in the production of Investment Appraisals and Business Cases
* Assist with the production of Earned Value Management (EVM) analysis to demonstrate project performance and analyse variances to plan, determine impact on the schedule and cost to complete the scope of work
* Provide support and training to staff at L1 level to deliver the needs of the Cost Control team
* Communicate key project financial performance data to key members of the project, programme and SDA leadership
* Build effective working relationships with the SDA and industry stakeholders
What you will be assessed against
To progress to the next stage, the "CV Sift", it is vital that your CV includes written examples of how you meet the Essential Criteria -
* Previous cost/financial experience and an understanding of budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis and capturing project costs
* Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including V-lookups and pivot tables
* Strong Stakeholder engagement skills, internally and externally
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Holding or be working towards a suitable technical/professional qualification such as, AAT, CIMA or similar
At the CV sift stage your CV will be scored against the following (see below), to determine who shall be interviewed for the role. Please ensure that you include written details of your relevant -
Applied knowledge and skills
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion.
To apply please use the link below. It will take you directly to the Skillstream portal where you can upload your CV and provide other required information.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.