- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Are you a Safety Professional looking for a motivating, challenging and exciting role supporting the UKs Defence Programme?
These roles offer stability and career progression, with access to world-class training and development. Do you want an exciting and impactful role, but be able to retain your work / life balance?
The MoD organisations of Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) and Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) have priority vacancies for Safety Professionals across all platforms, within the areas of Land, Maritime and Air.
This is an opportunity to join one of our integrated teams of highly skilled professionals, where you will help ensure the platforms, systems and equipment we deliver to the UK military front-line is safe to use and with minimal environmental impact.
You could be working in a team that either procures, supports or enhances a wide range of military platforms, systems and equipment.
Our Safety Professionals provide advice, support and guidance that influences platform, system and equipment design, policy and strategy, monitors and enhances performance and ensure we are delivering and supporting military capability through life.
The MoD organisations (DE&S and SDA) are keen to support you in achieving practitioner status as a safety professional, and in continuing your professional development in the Safety sector.
Please note that although this campaign has a non-reserved status, some of the roles may require candidates to be Sole UK Nationals.
- Interaction with internal and external parties, advising customers on engineering design and development, and through-life management of safety and environmental risk. This is key to providing safe, suitable and sustainable platforms, systems, equipment, systems, and services for the UK Military Front Line Commands.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of Policy and Process in order to satisfy the DE&S / SDA corporate standards for delivering and supporting Acquisition Safety and / or Environmental Management.
- To support the development and management of Safety Management Systems at Project level.
- Providing specialist advice on product safety and systems safety matters to relevant stakeholders ensuring the safety considerations are correctly considered, defined and implemented.
- Using your knowledge and experience of key Safety information to develop and create bodies of evidence for Safety cases.
- To work with colleagues at all levels to ensure compliance with relevant UK and EU legislation and regulations, MOD regulations and DE&S /SDA Policy.
Successful candidates could be working with the SDA, or for DE&S in either the Land, Air or Maritime departments. For more information on particular projects within these departments, please get in contact
Essential criteria - to be considered candidates must have:
A Level 4 Qualification in either an Engineering or Science discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience and knowledge.
Demonstrable experience of having managed stakeholders in order to deliver a technical outcome in High Hazard industry such as, Petrochemical Marine, Aero, Automotive, Nuclear.
Demonstrable knowledge / experience of Safety Artefacts (Risk Assessments, safety and environmental case reports / Hazard logs)
Holds or working towards Practitioner status in Systems safety or / and Environmental Practices.
Professional registered status or has demonstrated equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
Member of a relevant Professional Safety and/ or Environmental Body.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.