- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DE&S Modelling and Analysis
The positions close for applications on Tuesday 24/11/2020 at 23:55
Due to the security requirements of these positions, they are open to applications from Sole UK Nationals only.
Join an integral part of the UK's Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces' equipment.
We have three vacancies offering great opportunities to join our Modelling and Analysis team, an essential part of our Integrated Logistics function. This is a key specialism that guides and interacts with a range of teams and domains across Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) to deliver supply chain systems, modelling, data and metric analysis.
To succeed and really make a difference in this role; critical thinking, problem-solving skills and the ability to analyse and interpret data are key. The team handles a wide range of requests and often needs to respond or revise a model at short notice to meet operational needs. Given this, adaptability and the ability to make educated and reasonable assumptions on sometimes incomplete data is crucial. The Senior Team Leaders will support you closely where needed, as well as give you the confidence and capability to excel via our extensive and M&A-specific training programme.
Your responsibilities in the role may include, but will not be limited to the following;
* Providing expertise in support of the delivery of logistics, inventory and supply chain modelling and analysis, strategy, policy and solutions within your specialist area.
* Providing logistics modelling and data analysis to support DE&S and the Front-line Command and to act as a dedicated point of contact.
* Identifying skill gaps in the team and supporting the development of modelling and analysis to ensure continuous capability improvements.
* Keeping yourself updated with the latest software and methodologies, to ensure DE&S apply best practise.
* Identifying trends based on analysis data, using tools and techniques to inform the management decisions.
* Collaborating with colleagues in the wider Integrated Logistics function, to ensure business activities align with modelling and analysis policies and procedures
* Gathering, analysing, exploring and visualising the data to present the 'story' of the data in a meaningful way.
* Identifying patterns and trends to share insights with the team to inform business decisions.
What you will be assessed against
To progress to the next stage, the "CV Sift", it is vital that your CV includes written examples of how you meet the Essential Criteria -
- Strong IT literacy and demonstrable experience in / knowledge of, modelling systems, inventory systems or managing and interpreting data.
- Good stake holder engagement skills, internal and external, often when under time pressures or working with incomplete data.
- Ability to tailor your communication style to the audience, e.g. writing or presenting technical reports to a non-technical staff.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy; likely supported by good academic achievement in relevant area(s).
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- A real passion for data, generated by prior experience working with complex information
- Experience of supply chains and spreadsheet or mathematical modelling
- A desire to coach, mentor and develop less experience colleagues
At the CV sift stage your CV will be scored against the following (see below), to determine who shall be interviewed for the role. Please ensure that you include written details of your relevant -
Applied knowledge and skills
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion.
To apply please use the link below. It will take you directly to the Skillstream portal where you can upload your CV and provide other required information.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.