- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We are looking to recruit an Operations Manager with proven experience in the Telecoms delivery industry, the Openreach network and particularly Fibre Cities workstreams to join my clients exciting and growing Fibre division.
Your main responsibility will be to provide safe, efficient management of the contracts, whilst providing strong leadership for the operational and planning function and to act as an ambassador to their client. You will also ensure the commercial and site delivery targets are met, whilst driving the safety standards for all works.
What you'll be doing day to day
- To provide clear and inspirational leadership to the regional team that results in the delivery of all contract targets and devolves ownership of this delivery to individual team members.
- Control and manage resources (Both direct FTEs and subcontractors) within the contract to achieve the productivity and efficiency targets set.
- Manage and plan the contract resources and activities to meet the financial, operational environmental and quality targets.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues on the contract are managed efficiently and effectively. Provide constructive challenge whilst building project teams which encompass various disciplines (e.g. Ops / NRSWA / Scheduling / Commercial).
- Manage and develop relationships through maintaining regular contacts with the relevant client representatives.
- Continual review of resources and activities with a view to maximising the operational performance and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Continual review of existing working practices with a view to introducing alternatives promoting efficiency, through monitoring and analysing performance.
- Look for ways to increase/ exceed customer satisfaction whilst maintaining the company's financial position.
- Be accountable for the P+L for the area of operation. Have a complete understanding on the financial status of the area of responsibility and be able to report as required on level of performance and adherence to targets. Be able to develop ways to improve performance in keeping with company requirements.
- Be responsible for cashflow for the area of operation and the timely resolution of accounts.
- Provide support to the Operations Director in all areas of the contract as required.
- Ensure that all QESH procedures are adhered to and that all activities are carried out with due regard to the Health and Safety of all employees, clients and members of the public.
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Extensive experience within the Telecoms Delivery industry - Particularly on the Openreach network and preferably Fibre Cities workstreams.
- Extensive experience of managing high performing teams, across business-critical contracts
- Extensive understanding of building new fibre infrastructure and associated network builds, the
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- IT Literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Full UK Driving Licence
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Bonus incentive
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- Enhanced pension contribution
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.