- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Operational Analysis Lead
Are you looking to join a collaborative team-working environment? Are you an individual that thrives in a team adopting new development methodologies?
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
As the Operational Analysis Lead you will be working with internal and external stakeholders to scope, plan and deliver a wide range of OA (Operational Analysis), experimentation and decision support studies.
Emphasis is on how future products will be used and how they can contribute to operational capability for the customer in a cost-effective way. The successful candidate is likely to be an experienced problem solver with a broad understanding of the military operational environment.
- Awareness and practical experience of a range of OA (Operational Analysis) techniques
- Able to define and execute a 'Concept of Analysis' (approach / plan) that meets customer needs.
- Basic understanding of physical principles associated with systems and and systems engineering processes
- Broad understanding of the military operational environment.
- Strong analytical skills and systems thinking; able to structure information, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Able to prepare clear concise reports and presentations.
- Able to deliver presentations and lead workshops, pitching information at the right level of detail
- Proactive, able to seek out contacts, elicit information and suggest solutions.
- Able to manage small teams, work collaboratively as part of a team and liaise with others at all levels throughout the company, and build effective relationships with customers
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, that may be dispersed and international in nature
- Able to see and understand the 'big picture' and think about many things at once, as well as keeping track of the detail.
- Thrives in a working environment where there can be frequent change, uncertainty and ambiguity.
Typical activities include:
- Understanding and exploring user needs and requirements
- Effectiveness studies (typically supporting design trade-offs, or comparisons of system options), cost-effectiveness studies and Force mix studies
- Developing an outline concept of employment (CONEMP) and identifying effective tactics for future systems
- Building understanding of the Future Operating Environment including development of vignettes and scenarios.
A wide range of tools and techniques are used including:
- Qualitative / 'soft' analysis techniques
- Statistical analysis
- Simulation and modelling using established in-house tools (developed by another team)
- Ad hoc models developed in a spreadsheet, MATLAB or simulation package
- Experimentation, including an air combat simulator.
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.