- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Systems Engineer
I'm currently recruiting a Senior Systems Engineer with proven skills in all aspects Protection relay applications and protection systems and a clear understanding of the latest substation communication Protocols and integration into Control system
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of transmission and Distribution protection systems for voltages up to 400 kV.
- Producing and/or Reviewing in-house designs and those produced by external contractors.
- Advising on design and design change issues.
- Challenging, proposing, agreeing and implementing alternative solutions compared with those dictated by the transmission specifications, policies, processes and "best practices".
- Accountable for the effective delivery of the assigned tasks and deliverables of projects to time, to the required quality and to budget.
- Undertake site visits / non-intrusive surveys as required as part of the design activities or as part of site support.
- Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
- Client Interface management comprising infrastructure planners, project resource, direct labour / construction team, system operator, property & consents, procurement as well as co-ordinating & attending necessary site meetings.
You'll be a great for this role if you have:
- Proven technical capability associated with the design and/or application of power system protection. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in protection application at transmission voltage levels up to 400 kV, gained within a transmission utility, consultancy or manufacturing environment. Strong candidates with a distribution background will be considered.
- Experience in preparing Single Line Diagram (SLD), Key Line Drawings (KLD) and Substation Layout.
- Experience in busbar, feeder, cable, transformer and reactor protection and control; including interface with CT, VT, circuit breaker, disconnector and earthing systems.
- Experience in the preparation of detailed electrical schematic diagrams for substation Protection and Control systems.
- Good Knowledge of IEC61850 communication protocols.
- TP141 or working toward TP141 Certification
- Good knowledge of the relevant National Grid TS
Bachelors Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer
If this is something you are interested in, hit the apply button! Alternatively, send me an email with Jacob.Willmore@matchtech.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.