- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant Process Engineer
My Client is recruiting for an Assistant Process Engineer in the anaerobic digestion and water sector
As an Assistant Process Engineer, you will assist in end to end responsibility for developing design solutions and process improvements, undertaking DSEAR assessments for plants both designed by the company but more increasingly for plants designed and built by others. The role will involve on-site surveys, ongoing relevant DSEAR and AD industry training, relevant research, developing ideas, designing solutions and seeing the solution through to commissioning.
Design and Implement
- Design solutions to implement innovative new ideas and support plant upgrades
- Production of process and instrumentation diagrams to reflect agreed scope
- Develop process specifications and associated equipment selection
- Produce process calculations to confirm parameters, equipment sizing
- Confirm pipework line sizes via head loss calculations in order to confirm pump and compressor requirements
- Input into all phases of a project including initial business development and client and subcontractor liaison
- Oversee the building and commissioning of projects
- Full site surveys covering equipment selection and process assessments
- Undertaking site DSEAR assessments to highlight areas for improvement and compliance to industry best practice
Skills and experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical discipline, ideally Chemical or Process Engineering
- Understanding of the anaerobic digestion process
- Experience in Water or anaerobic digestion industry
- Familiar with the functions and capabilities of instrumentation
- Understand and ability to create Engineering Line Diagrams/Process Instrumentation Diagrams
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Basic knowledge of AutoCad 2D
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in understanding and providing head loss calculations
- Working knowledge of pumping solutions and pump selection
- Understanding of CDM responsibilities and associated health & safety requirements both in construction and in design
- A keen interest in getting involved in all aspects of a project, both theoretical and practical.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.