- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineer - ITS / Technology
Our client is recruiting an Engineer to join their Engineering Team within their Operations Directorate in the South East of England. It's a full-time permanent position in their Highways Technology Team.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to apply your technology knowledge and skills to all aspects of highway infrastructure engineering and asset management. As a member of a 50-strong team of professional engineers, you will support in developing and delivering circa £100m / year of maintenance and improvement schemes that ensure the Strategic Road Network in the South East safely meets the requirements of our customers now and into the future.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position
What you'll be leading on
- Ensuring the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
- Undertaking the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs in order to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria for highways technology assets
- Develop early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs
- Monitoring the delivery of agreed early solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and/or rectify issues
- Developing the technical briefs provided to the design organisation and managing the delivery of survey works for the improvement and renewal of assets.
- Providing technical support to Project Managers by assisting with materials approvals, vetting of contractors' compliance, inspection support on site, and reviewing of Health and Safety Files
To be successful
- You will hold a degree or HND in a relevant discipline and appropriate experience, or equivalent
- You will have knowledge of asset condition assessment and degradation modelling
- You will have an understanding of the Value Management process or cost benefit analysis of schemes
- You will have experience in working within budgets including the creation of a budget for scheme development
- You will have experience in relevant construction and delivery methods and knowledge of CDM 2015
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.