- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for an Engagement Officer to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is OUTSIDE IR35
- A willingness to be flexible and adaptable to undertake a variety of different engagement tasks;
- An ability to reliably follow procedures;
- Able to demonstrate a confident communication style;
- Ability to work effectively within project teams and to plan and align engagement activities across projects;
- Ability to deal confidently and diplomatically at all levels with staff, elected members and the public;
- Portrays a positive and flexible approach to teamwork and demonstrates ability to work on own initiative;
- Will attend regular construction site meetings, team meetings and take minutes where necessary;
- Assist with setting up and attendance at any public exhibitions, presentations, surgeries, meetings etc. that may be arranged prior and during the construction period;
- Carry out customer liaison duties as required.
- Support the planning, preparation and delivery of public and Member consultations and exhibitions events.
- Attend committee meetings, public meetings, and workshops.
- Provide advice and actively engage with project stakeholders and reply to correspondence.
- Maintain an awareness of Corporate and Departmental Equalities & Inclusion and Health & Safety procedures and apply them to the day-to-day job requirements.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Working as part of a project team structure
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Client-facing skills with political awareness and sensitivity, understanding of corporate policies and strategies
- Highly motivated with positive and constructive manner
- Emotionally intelligent by adjusting style and approach to suit audience
- A confident communicator, plus GCSE passes at grade C or above in Maths and
- English (or equivalent)
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral
- Good IT skills and confident in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Sharepoint
Working conditions / environment:
- Working from home due to the Government Restrictions but then will be mainly office environment
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
- £15.00 - £20.00 p/h LTD via own Limited company and Umbrella Provider (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.