- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is recruiting for a Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument, and Control & Automation (MEICA) Technician to assist and support the project delivery team within the Investment Department Non-Infrastructure team.
Our client is in the midst of implementing a number of projects related to their above ground assets, as part of their AMP7 capital programme. The work will involve refurbishing, replacing and improving electrical, mechanical, instrumentation control and automation assets on existing clean water treatment works and distribution network, implementing new technologies, and developing solutions / designs with key stakeholders & partners.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting Project Engineers and Internal Production Department (Client) to safely isolate, commission, fault diagnose, and replace minor equipment.
You need to be committed to building and sustaining collaborative relationships through the right behaviours, promoting innovation, embracing change, encouraging honesty, fairness and pragmatism in an open and supportive relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
Previous experience in working within UK Water industry is preferred, either within a Water Company, consultant &/or contractor as Technician or maintenance engineer's / role.
- Undertake process, plant and equipment isolations in accordance with the safe systems of works
- Issue required safe systems of works documentation (permits, risk assessment and method statements)
- Undertake process, plant and equipment commissioning activities
- Perform and verify equipment calibrations
- Diagnose and resolve fault issues
- Maintain key equipment in accordance to the manufactures recommendations
- Participate in technical reviews
- Provide technical support to the project delivery team and client
- Electrical / Instrument / Control / Automation Engineering back-ground
- Ability to manage multiple work streams
- Excellent at working within a team environment.
- Ability to live and work with ambiguity and change
- Skilled qualifications such as ONC, NVQ, or equivalent including relevant apprenticeships.
- Full driving licence. You will need to undertake an internal driver assessment.
- Competitive Company pension - (Company contribution of up to 10%)
- Support for professional and academic development
- 24-28 days annual leave
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.