- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client is recruiting for a Commissioning Engineer in the Water Sector
This position is predominantly field based, however you should live within a commutable distance of Stoke-on-Trent, as you will have a variety of commissioning on sites and maintenance activities at the Stoke Depot. In addition, this role will require you to travel widely and at short notice as required.
You will also be included on a rota to provide out of hours cover and emergency rapid response to clients.
The Commissioning Engineer will be part of the operations team and will be responsible for assisting the Operations Manager with the key responsibilities as follows;
Mobilisation - ensuring the customer site is ready to accept a mobile unit, this includes ensuring all relevant paperwork and risk assessments have been completed in advance. The mobile unit must be ready to operate, hook up and commission. You will be expected to regularly service the unit and demobilise the unit in line with customer expectations.
Asset Management - you are required to ensure the mobile fleet are in a state of readiness at all times. This includes maintaining equipment using maintenance schedules, ensuring all units are roadworthy and stored safely.
Procurement - you will identify all consumables and enable the equipment required for projects and fleet maintenance, ensuring adequate stocks of essential spares and consumables.
QA - support in developing systems and procedures for the delivery and management of all Mobile Water Services projects. This will include assisting with auditing, particularly of on site activities.
Health & Safety - ensuring all assets are kept in a safe condition, Developing risk assessments for the deployment of mobile assets, writing H&S plans for projects and maintaining good records. You will be required to assist in ensuring that subcontractors are H&S approved and operate according to plans.
Skills and experience:
- A HNC or degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree.
- An apprenticeship and practical experience in Electrical Engineering with a background in plc control, electrical circuitry with the ability to fault find within a control panel. Understanding the function of a motor is key.
- Preferably having worked in a similar role in the water industry.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Flexible in order to ensure operational workload is covered.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to customers.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrable experience of having built strong working relationships both internally and externally. (UK and Europe)
- A professional approach to your work and communication with colleagues and customers.
- A good level of IT competency
- Good organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.