- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Manager - Rail
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager (CEM) to join a Rail Stations team within a large design consultancy. This is a contract position that will initially begin working from home.
As an Engineering Manager developing and leading a multi-functional project management consultancy team within projects of different disciplines and complexities, you will have hands-on experience of working with client or contractor teams in a collaborative and integrated manner. You will be required to lead our projects following the requirements of the Business Management System, as well as, to meet client requirements. Experience of working within the Network Rail and HS2 environments (or other similar major UK client organisation) specifically in the use of the client systems and processes will be advantageous, as would experience of delivering design commissions by and for contractors.
A typical week would include:
- Provision of managerial and technical leadership in the successful delivery of projects, ensuring client satisfaction.
- Acting as Engineering Manager or Lead Project Engineer, as required to manage and oversee the deployment and development of staff.
- Acting as Technical Lead on multi-disciplinary bids and proposals.
- Identifying, understanding and promulgating client needs and expectations to ensure client satisfaction on all projects and maximising the opportunities for repeat business.
- Supporting and encouraging the identification and development of a pipeline of new opportunities in order to meet the operational and strategic objectives of the business.
- Supporting the development of tools, techniques and resources to meet the emerging requirements of the rail sector, consistent with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Raising awareness within client organisations of the range of services offered by the business
- As required, line management of staff including, but not limited to, health and safety, briefings and communications and general discipline.
- Managing the effective deployment of staff to ensure high levels of productivity, in conjunction with other managers within Rail, Technical Discipline Leads and managers from other business units.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree-qualified chartered engineer, or similar professional status
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and practices appropriate to the service delivery sector, e.g. HMRI Principles and Guidance, Railway Group Standards and Network Rail Company Standards.
- Customer-focused approach and able to meet customer demand for sector knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to apply innovation and advanced engineering techniques to progress contract solutions.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary projects within the context of a professional services provider.
- Understanding of relevant project management principles, including risk and issue management, stakeholder management and change management.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of technical resources.
- Understanding of systems engineering and assurance
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.