- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My Client is recruiting for an Operations Engineer in the Water Sector
This is a field based role, and you will be required to travel to client sites. You will ideally be based around around Oxfordshire / M40 / A34 area.
As an Operations Engineer you will be required to give customers the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support to water treatment chemical customers.
The accounts to be serviced are customers with a mix of processes on site including Steam boilers, High Pressure boilers, Cooling Towers, Closed systems, Chlorine Dioxide and Domestic water.
- Sample collection and analysis of Cooling and Boiler water, Closed systems and Chlorine Dioxide and the monitoring of Domestic water systems with the necessary water sampling in line with ACoP/ HSG activities.
- Implementing, managing and monitoring water treatment programmes for commercial and industrial water systems. Commission new dosing / control installations.
- Provide Legionella control recommendations to ensure customers remain compliant with the latest guidance from HSG 1-3 / ACoP L8.
- Maintaining customer records in site log books. Cooling Tower log books are especially important.
- Collation of site information and company documentation for conducting on site Customer reviews.
- The completion of risk assessments, work reports and all other documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide regular progress reports / updates to the line manager informing of individuals monthly activity / assistance required / issues which may impact the Company or Client.
- Look for opportunities and where appropriate to sell parts, consumables, plant upgrades and refurbishment work, working with the appropriate sales team.
- Feedback to customers on future product development, features and functions and show how they will add value to their business
Skills and experience:
- A HNC or degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering or Chemistry qualification or similar or qualified by experience.
- A very good knowledge of guidance documents HSG274 parts 1-3, ACoP L8 and BS2486.
- Applicants do not need experience in all areas but must be comfortable with a test kit and analysis procedures. High pressure boiler experience is desirable but not necessary.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills both to company colleagues and customers to allow good working relationships to develop and be maintained.
- The ability to identify customer needs and gain opportunities to sell parts and additional services within the contract.
- Ability to handle challenging conversations with customers and find a resolution.
- Passionate about providing a first class service to our customers.
- Good organisational and time management skills with an eye for detail.
- To be self-motivated with the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks. This includes the ability to plan, prioritise, schedule and service the site visits for the month.
- Computer I.T competency including the use of Google software.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.