- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
- Our client is looking for a Highways COfficer to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is Inside IR35 (via Umbrella or PAYE)
Job Description -
- Oversight of a specific geographical area, to be first point of contact for all highways related issues, both in the urban / metalled surface and rural / soft surface contexts.
- To undertake first level safety statutory inspections for all highways related issues
- Inspect Statutory Undertakers and other works, including the re-instatement of the public highway in accordance with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) so as to maintain the structural integrity of the highway asset.
- To source, prepare and present evidence for court proceedings, inspection charges and negotiating follow-up invoices and disputes, and ensure appropriate invoices are raised to recover costs.
- Have responsibility for negotiating penalty, defect and fixed penalty notice charges and negotiating follow-up invoices and disputes, and ensure appropriate invoices are raised so as to recover costs.
- Ensure that licenced applications, including skips and scaffolds conform to conditions as set out in that licence.
- Investigate and take action on public complaints or enquiries relating activities on the highway by Statutory Undertakers and others.
- Liaise with stakeholders, members of the public, local representatives, Council staff, adjacent authorities, bus operators and emergency services on highway matters.
- This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant county policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
- Maintaining excellent, effective working relationships with stakeholders and operational teams.
- Manage own workload and the resources required to ensure successful project delivery.
- Promote a strong customer service focus within the Service and where possible take account of customer requirements.
- Promote and deliver improved communication with individual residents, communities, other local authorities and key stakeholders, in ways that are clear, coherent and jargon free.
- Remain contemporary with legislation and best practice, and ensure that relevant initiatives are adopted to develop the effectiveness of the service.
- To work in accordance with the Corporate values and competency framework. Link to county council values
Qualifications / Experience:
- Education to level 3 NVQ or equivalent in a related discipline or experience of working in a relevant local government environment or related industry for a period of 3 years
- Appropriate specific technical qualifications related to the service such as monitoring street works LANTRA Highway Safety Inspectors Modular qualifications (not an exhaustive list)
- Ability to use word processing, spread sheets and presentation software
- Experience of carrying out data collection and analysis
Working conditions / environment:
- The ability to drive and the possession of a current driving licence, or ability to demonstrate an effective means of travel to remote areas of the county, are essential.
- The willingness to use a suitable vehicle provided for their duties.
- Be physically able to undertake inspections of the public highway on foot
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Weekly Pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Callum Laycock directly on 07901964657
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.