- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Safety Engineer
Looking to work for a Global High Tech company? The business are key players within the industry!
"Gold level accreditation for the investors in people award! A testament to the success and value throughout the company!"
The company have been recognised as a fantastic business to work for and additionally value employee recognition and are proud members of the 5% club, building and developing their workforce throughout!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
The company are well established within their industry and are looking for a Lead Safety Engineer to join the team.
The Lead Safety Engineer will provide assurance that products comply with Safety, Environmental and Legislative requirements along with supporting the Design Authority to assure safety of products.
Working with other safety specialists, the individual will play an active role in maintaining and enhancing the Product Safety and Environmental Impact Management System, which is integral to Design Integrity.
As the Lead Safety Engineer you will maintain an up to date knowledge of safety and environmental legislation and customer needs, and perform safety audits of internal and external/subcontract teams assuring that safety and environmental requirements are achieved.
- Degree qualified in a related Engineering discipline such as; Electronics, Electrical, Software, Systems, Mechanical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Legislation - eg REACH, RoHS and EU directives;
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as DEF STAN 00-056, 00-055, 00-051;
- Familiarity with POSMS and POEMS
- Regularly delivered training within a Company and delivered awareness presentations to other groups. Has worked with others to identify the future Product Safety and Environmental needs of a Company;
- Awareness of cyber and its effect on safety;
- Has hands-on experience of developing robust safety and environmental impact case reports for complex systems in accordance with customer, regulatory and legislative expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics.
- Experience in the Defence, or Aerospace sector.
- Experience of MIL-STD-882, EN 61508 RTCA DO-254 and RTCA DO-178C or similar;
- Experience of working with the external stakeholders to understand the concept of operations for products, in order to understand the functional safety/hazards and define/agree the appropriate mitigations;
- Ability to identify and deliver alternate/innovative ways to manage safety, including ensuring buy-in from key regulatory bodies;
- Active membership of an external safety specialist group
- Familiarity with the principles of incident investigation and knows how to implement an investigation process.
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.