- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineering Manager
Our client are a major, international defence business with an exciting opportunity for an experienced systems engineering manager to join them in their Brighton headquarters.
We are looking for a Systems Engineering Manager to join the team in Brighton and be responsible for leading a team of five engineers who perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. You will need a strong background in aerospace/defence systems engineering and management for this role.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Optimise process and procedures for Systems and Requirements (including DOORs), Safety and Reliability, Configuration Management and ILS functional.
- Prioritise activities for Systems and Requirements, Safety and Reliability, Configuration Management and ILS functional activities.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Supervise individuals typically professional Engineers.
- Lead, direct and review the work of direct reports to accomplish near-term operational plans and results.
- Provide input on hiring, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for own organisation.
- Support project monthly estimating and manage own work to meet cost estimates and schedule.
- Support Investigations, solutions and write reports.
- Follow procedures to meet the requirements of ISO-9001.
- Support internal, customer and supplier meetings.
- Comply with QA requirements and QA procedures.
Experience & Skills:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline e.g. Electrical and Electronics Engineering or with equivalent relevant experience.
- Proven experience in a Systems Engineering leadership role.
- Strong Product System Development experience.
- Experience across the aerospace and defence sectors.
- Strong experience with electronics and/or electro mechanical systems.
- Experience of Mechanisms and pneumatics would be an advantage.
- Full life cycle design experience required.
- Ability to resolve design problems and challenges quickly and ingeniously.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.