- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client are looking for 2 projects managers to join their construction team baseed from Slough.
This position isrk for a construction contractor client working on a number of Utilities and infrastructure frameworks.
In particular the client are looking for individuals with experience working on water construction frameworks. The successful candidate will be involved in working on water tunnelling projects. Candidates with previous experience working on Thames water or HS2 enabling works projects would be beneficial but not essential.
1. Project Management
(1) Site visits and assessment.
(2) Production of specification and estimates
(3) Production of Risk Assessment and Method Statements.
(4) Administration of Resources and Coordination of Works.
(5) Site management, consultation, preparation and co-ordination.
(6) Site Inspections (Two per Month)
(7) Interim inspections and completion certificates where required.
2. Customer Relations
(1) Ensuring achievement of customer requirements.
(2) Enhancing customer satisfaction
(3) Determining customer additional requirements
(4) Problem resolution.
3. Business Strategy
(1) Identification of new clients or additional work from existing clients.
(2) Identification of new materials and techniques.
(3) Promotion of good and best practice.
(1) Communication to Senior Site Personnel of company requirements, including HSQE requirements.
(2) Consultation with employees and receipt of requirements and suggestions.
(3) Communication with Senior Site Personnel regarding business and HSQE performance.
5. Health & Safety
(1) Oversee safety documentation including, Construction Phase Plans, Method Statements / Works Package Plans, Task Briefings
(2) Ensure implementation of 5C for Management on all contracts: Consult, Communicate, Competency, Coordinate, Co-operation.
(3) Administer sub-contractors competency evaluation and issue final approval.
(4) Oversee correct use of required permits, licenses and consents relating to programme
(5) Monitor working hours and evaluate any requested extensions over statutory limits.
(6) First line investigation of incidents and close calls
6. Safe Work Planning Responsible Manager
(1) Be competent with suitable and sufficient experience in setting policy, procedure and guidance for SWP activities.
(2) Ensuring that SWP activities are assigning to competent SWP planners.
(3) Timely and adequate preparation of the plan by the planner and for commissioning and validating the plan.
(4) Critical decision making for how work is prioritised, planned and delivered.
(5) Identifying in the Safe Work Plan who will undertake the safety critical roles.
(6) Accepting or rejecting the plans produced by the planner, including verifying that the level of protection is appropriate for the location and nature of work.
(7) Monitoring performance data for their area of responsibility, including the level of protection provided, and the number of plans rejected or changed on site.
(8) Check / Audit 10% of SWPs returned to ensure that safety critical staff have completed them correctly.
(9) Periodically review the SWP process to ensure that it is compliant and achieving company and NR needs.
Training & Qualifications:
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Personal Track Safety including ICI.
- Supervisory management training desirable
- Safety, Health and Environment Awareness
- CSCS Contract Manager and related NVQ
- Current full driving license
If this sounds like it could be a good fit for you, please submit your CV and we will be in touch to discuss further.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.