- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Design Engineer
My Client is recruiting for an Electrical Engineer in the Water Sector
As an Electrical Design Engineer you will be involved in problem solving across the clients asset base, all aspects of LV design including control and cable calculations, the diversity of electrical assets is exceptional and every day you will have a new challenge.
You will use your technical electrical knowledge, mathematical and design skills to create innovative solution to problems across this diverse range of water sector assets.
Specify and design solutions for new and existing challenges, manage supply chain companies, and shape the clients future.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients to identify their requirements. Assist in the development of new electrical standards for clients and company.
- Investigate and undertake analysis on how to improve existing assets and undertake complex calculations in your field using Amtech Pro-design.
- Summaries scientific and engineering principles in an easy to understand manner and write technical reports to summaries findings.
- Cover the concept, specification, tender and development of new projects.
- Use CAD systems to design and specify projects.
- Identify new systems and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs.
- Communicate effectively with the clients, colleagues and contractors involved in a project.
- Plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget.
- Apply the principles of prevention to produce safe solutions.
- Being an Authorised electrical person overseeing and issuing of permits for electrical work
- Build collaborative relations externally with the Clients
- Technically assisting electricians to deliver projects
- Flexibility is essential as the challenges faced require compromise and creativity.
- Comply with the governance as set out by company
- Produce Electrical Designs that are safe, buildable, to time and budget.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or above
- Electricians CSCS (Gold Card)
- Testing and Inspection 2391 or 2394/2395
- Amtech Pro-design
- Water Sector experience
- Auto CAD and Design experience
- Competent with Panel Drawings
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.