- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineer - Aviation
The future o flight, join us in 2021: Excellent opportunity to work on a cutting edge zero-emission Commercial Aviation project. We're hiring a Systems Engineers with ARP 4754 experience to work from concept through to delivery.
Working closely with the Head of Systems, you will work as a member of a Development team, with the opportunity to contribute to the design, development, validation and verification of systems. You will gain experience in a broad range of technologies and toolsets.
You will be integrated into a dynamic and fast-paced development team, overcoming challenges and producing innovation solutions. The successful candidate is self-motivated and have a strong drive to ensure successful outcomes.
- Deliver the system engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and time frame.
- Collaborative working with team members and suppliers in the definition and testing of complex system emulations.
- Coordinate the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generate, understand, and review system requirements.
- Develop and Document System Architecture, Design, and Validation strategies.
- Ensuring that the Specification, Design, and Acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Lead System Verification activities to meet Certification Objectives.
- Provide input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
- Support bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
- Support Process Development and Maintenance
- Present information during internal and external design reviews.
- Production of change control documentation as a result of Iron bird tests and flight tests.
Experience and qualifications
- BSc or BEng Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering Degree qualification.
- Systems engineering lifecycle including:
- Systems design and requirements capture
- Verification and Validation
- Process development and documentation
- Previous experience with embedded development.
- Ability to prototype and provide Proof of Concepts.
- Experience of System Development using ARP 4754.
- Knowledge of EASA/FAA/CAA Certification Requirements and Objectives.
- Ability to review schematics and read data sheets; experience supporting hardware bring-ups and debugging.
- Perform requirement analysis and flow down to System design.
- Ability to solve complex problems and be involved in an innovative environment.
- Knowledge of communication protocols like ARINC825, ARINC429, I2C, CANOpen and Serial Bus.
- Experience with power circuit topologies and equipment using active power devices (IGBTs, diodes and SCRs) and passive components (Inductors, transformers, capacitors etc.)
- Knowledge of EMC / EMI and mitigation through design.
- Ability to work in a structured engineering process-oriented environment, with experience of quality and configuration management processes.
Nice to have:
- Experience of model-based system design for complex systems
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.