- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DE&S / SDA Service Delivery / Operations Manager - Level 2
Are you a highly capable, credible individual with the ability to build positive and engaged relationships? If so, The Integrated Logistics Function has opportunities for high performing Service Delivery/Operations Managers.
These roles carry considerable responsibility and opportunity as you will be accountable for planning and providing support to front line commands.
You will assist with the delivery of the capability, platform or equipment in accordance with customer agreements by using demand, supply and project management skills and techniques.
You will engage stakeholders and create rapport to drive and deliver outcomes in a way that identifies risks and recommend clear, viable mitigating actions. Your approach will be to listen, understand and to respect the value of different views, ideas and ways of working to make ongoing improvements to delivery while bringing your stakeholders on the journey with you.
Given the dynamic environment, no two days will be quite the same; one may find you assisting with a rolling, regular review of the requirements your team looks after with your customer and the front line commands to ensure the successful ongoing improvements.
Another may involve meeting with your suppliers regarding specific issues and developing bespoke but scalable solutions that minimize service or capability downtime and optimise costs associated with the support.
This is a challenging and highly involved post that requires sound judgement and first-rate influencing skills to manage the ever-changing picture and needs. A practical, positive and results-orientated approach combined with knowledge of our operations is essential to succeed as you will often need to determine which activity is a priority at what time. You will need to translate aims into clear manageable plans for your team. Regularly interpreting management information to provide valuable business insights.
In cases where the deliverable or platform is not being delivered to the required quality, cost or timescales you will need to identify the issues and take appropriate action. This will require you having great customer and supplier management skills along with the ability to manage teams made up of many disciplines, making sure everyone is working and communicating with each other to deliver your clear plan of action.
Your role and responsibilities will include you to be highly proactive with a continuous improvement mindset. Working in a team you will encourage a culture of imaginative thinking, learning from experience and expanding mindsets to challenge the status quo to continually drive for improved quality.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
* Supporting the delivery of a project; while being a recognised expert in the delivery of support providing input into customer and supplier contracts and support budgets.
* Having a good business acumen with practitioner knowledge of support costs, resources, risks and contract management; keeping aware of wider industry capabilities to inform future options.
* Stakeholder management to continually drive performance improvement and an understanding and application of problem solving and Continuous Improvement (CI) tools and techniques.
* Engaging with multiple stakeholders across the business and an understanding of contract and operations management to deal directly with representatives from suppliers including support requirements that need to be included in contracts.
* Motivate improved performance by suppliers, challenging any gaps between contractual commitments and actual delivery through joint working with commercial/procurement experts; development and management of governance arrangements for the delivery of the service, aligned with iLog best practice and KPI's.
* Provide valuable business insight and work alongside colleagues to help spot warning signs of things going wrong and providing a decisive response to significant delivery challenges, implementing short term solutions whilst identifying root causes and suggesting options for long term corrective action whilst maintaining control of support outputs and costs; building a high performing, multi-function team using all the management skills expected at this level; clearly communicating and reinforcing to team members and stakeholders the vision, values and objectives and its links to the customer requirement; using appropriate management styles to gain and maintain the trust, confidence, commitment and collaboration of others to deliver the capability.
* Consistently modelling desirable behaviours in order to encourage similar behaviours from others; working with the customer and suppliers to review delivery performance and future challenges driving action by one or more parties to address any issues.
* Assisting with investigations where the required Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) are not being achieved to the required quality, standard or timescales, and help to identify the issues and take appropriate action. * Proactively balancing supply and demand with customers to deliver programmes of work.
* Assisting with regular rolling reviews of the teams, customer outcomes and platform capability performances to proactively identify and manage dependencies between projects and programmes and their funding/resource requirements including accountability for all aspects of inventory and supply chain management for their platforms or equipment.
* Managing the drafting, tender process and assessment of tenders, and monitor the performance of suppliers in terms of the quality, timeliness and reliability of goods and/or services to ensure agreed contractual obligations are met.
Please note that, due to security requirements, some of these posts are reserved for sole UK nationals. For some posts, candidates must be willing and able to go through DV (Developed Vetting) clearance in-role
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.