- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Test & Trials Specialist - Propulsion Systems
Based in the scenic maritime city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, this is Canada's most exciting shipbuilding project for over 30 years! With a brand new facility and cutting edge technology, they are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Test & Trials Specialist - Propulsion Systems will be responsible for commissioning of medium voltage diesel electric propulsion systems for the shipbuilding project.
- Working as part of the Test & Trials team to commission propulsion systems and equipment, demonstrating compliance with Classification society and customer requirements
- Developing set to work / testing / trials procedures
- Operating ship propulsion (electrical or mechanical) systems and equipment, and executing test procedures both ashore and at sea
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (P.Eng or equivalent) or relevant technical diploma
- Experience in the design and/or operation of medium voltage diesel electric propulsion systems
- Proven marine commissioning experience, either of new build vessels or high tech systems n process environment
- Attractive lifestyle - warm sunny summers for surfing / beach hopping and cold snowy winters for snowboarding / skiing
- Affordable accommodation - beautiful spacious properties; choose from overlooking a lake, being nestled in woodland or downtown in the lively city centre
- Social life - a big city with a small town feel
- Education - excellent facilities including a large number of schools and one of Canada's top universities
- Connections - only 2 hours by plane to New York and a direct 6 hour flight from the UK
With 8 years' experience in recruitment, I have personally supported more than 50 families in their move to Canada over the last 6 years. Having also lived overseas as a child and into adulthood, I understand how daunting it can be to transform your life and consider relocating. To find out more information, contact me on:
T: +44 (0) 1489 898136
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security Clearance and U.S International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.