- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Street Trees Senior Engineer
Working on the maintenance of street trees within the borough in accordance with particular contracts / agreements and with all relevant statutory requirements, maintaining safety and minimising inconvenience to Highways users.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities
- Manage the street tree budget ensuring that the service operates within the financial limits and budgetary arrangements of the Directorate, including compliance with all systems set up for the recording of expenditure and associated financial transactions and procedures.
- Be responsible for the processing and verification of invoices prior to payment authorisation by the Highways Asset Group Manager.
Professional / Technical
- Be responsible for ensuring that the highways tree stock is preserved, maintained and enhanced.
- Undertake and develop a proactive inspection regime to monitor the health of the tree stock. Maintain a proper record of all appropriate inspection data.
- Maintain and update an inventory of the highways tree stock.
- Develop tree management programmes and initiatives that are responsive to the needs of the environment and residents within the Borough and that adhere to Council policy.
- Develop tree replacement strategies and any planting specifications required. Plan and mange annual tree replacement programmes in line with those strategies. 2
- Assist with the processing of tree related insurance claims to ensure they are dealt with in a prompt and timely manner.
- Keep up to date with developments and trends within the arboriculture industry in order to determine best practice.
- Provide a consultancy service to other Directorates and departments on tree related matters where necessary.
- Undertake other duties as requested that are relevant to the skills and experience of the post.
- Be responsible for the preparation and review of all contract specifications for arboriculture services.
- Be responsible for actively monitoring the contract to ensure compliance with all contract terms and conditions.
- Promote and encourage service innovation and improvement, develop performance indicators and service targets.
- Lead and chair meetings with the in-house contractor to monitor progress of works. Attend meetings with service partners, community groups when necessary and represent the Highways Asset Manager at related meetings if required.
- Carry out consultations with the public, community groups and Members on issues of tree management where appropriate.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with in-house contractors, elected Members, MPs, other Council departments, community groups and National / Regional agencies where necessary.
- Undertake investigations into complaints and take all necessary measures to ensure satisfactory resolution within declared response times.
- Produce and present detailed information and reports for elected Members and senior officers if required.
- Ensure at all times that work undertaken actively promotes the Council's Equal Opportunities, Customer Care and Environmental policies in relation to service delivery and personnel practice.
- In carrying out the duties of the post have due regard to the provisions of Health and Safety at Work legislation and to the safety of the general public.
- Enter data to and receive output from any electronic data processing equipment provided according to agreed procedures.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.