- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Specialist Mechanical Designer
My client, is actively seeking a highly experienced mechanical designer of automotive power electronics design, to work on the upcoming APC15 collaborative next generation project which has a duration of just under 4 years.
Specific responsibility to develop the inverter regarding mechanical design aspects.
Key accountabilities of the function
* Integration of controller, bus bars, capacitor, power stage, cabling and cooling parts into given package space.
* Detailed component design of subcomponents like bus bars, structural and cooling components incl. drawings, material choice and tolerance definitions.
* Delivery of design ready for B2P manufacture including design pack of BOM and documentation.
* Coordination of design elements across mechanical and electronics team.
* Requesting simulation and hardware validation activities and support specify those including result interpretation.
* Problem analysis and solving.
* Ensuring well documented part releases.
* Working with CATIA and parts release systems.
Master's in mechanical design or similar
Highly experienced with mechanical design of automotive power electronics design
Additional skills: special skills / technical ability etc.
* Master's degree in mechanical engineering or similar.
* Strong working professional experience in mechanical automotive design of powertrain components, ideally in power electronics.
* Good experience with mechanical design software tools (CATIA).
* Experience with CAE simulation tools, like FEM and thermal simulation.
* Experienced and methodical development approaches.
* FMEA & DFMEA
* Design for manufacture
* Thermal Analysis, Heatsink & Enclosure design
* Testing & Validation, Documentation
o Word, Excel, Project
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without sponsorship.
Role is offered on a long-term contract basis, UMB or PAYE only (No LTD)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.