- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Trials Manager (Munitions & Explosives)
Our defence client have an opportunity for a Trials Manager (static or dynamic trials) to be involved in critical test and evaluation of defence related Ordnance Munitions and Explosive products to ensure safe and suitable release into service.
This role is working on an MOD site within the trials management team responsible for all aspects of the trial being carried out. As the Trials Manager you must ensure;
- That Risk Assessments are produced identifying hazards and control measures to mitigate to a risk level As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
- Thorough planning of all trials in timely manner.
- That all employees involved in the trials are fully briefed with focus on the associated hazards and risk mitigation measures.
- That task plans are followed and the correct level of supervision is in place.
- That all trial activities and changes are documented correctly and in adherence with internal procedures.
- That the preparation and co-ordination of trial reports is in accordance with customer specification, ensuring they are issued within the contracted timeframe.
- That dynamic firings, static detonations and explosions are conducted in accordance with Safety Distances calculated and, where applicable, Dynamic Firing Rules applied.
- That hazardous activities conducted fall within the scope of your certified technical competence.
- The disposal of trials aftereffects in a safe and appropriate manner.
In addition to the above you will be technically responsible for:
- The design, execution and reporting of trials
- Trialling new, novel and in-service munitions for use by Sea, Land and Air Forces
- Being a recognised technical lead for trial activities
- Managing all trial records, documentation and third party information as applicable
- Mentoring trainee, graduate and apprentice trials engineers / manager while under site control
- Drive and determination to achieve goals, manage multiple trials activities and meet project milestones
- Strong resolve and know when to stop contracted activity if it deviates from the plan or is unsafe
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable to the varied challenges of the role
- Be able to work proactively and reactively during the trials process
- Excellent Knowledge Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives
- Excellent Knowledge of Test and Evaluation process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Working towards or willing to work towards professional qualification MiEXPE, IENG or CENG
- Project management /lifecycle process
- Previous explosives background
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.