- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Traffic Engineer
Matchtech are looking to speak with Senior Traffic Engineers for an opportunity to join a rapidly growing team in Central London. The Ideal Senior Traffic Engineer will be experienced delivering Traffic Schemes and Development Programmes.
Senior Traffic Engineer - London
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
- Degree qualified or substantial relevant experience and working towards professional membership
- Awareness of the principles of environmental design
- Extensive hands-on experience in traffic engineering, with focus on analysis of problems and solution development in an urban environmentExperience in the management of projects, successfully working to targets and tight deadlines, including record of delivering on time and within budget
- Understanding of the principles and practices of traffic and highway infrastructure and asset management
- Knowledge and understanding of traffic modelling, traffic management and traffic signals operation
- Experience and ability to use tools such as ARCADY, OSCADY, PICADY, LINSIG and TRANSYT
- Experience of development and design of urban traffic engineering improvements to improve network operation through changes to traffic signal operation, traffic management, traffic regulation and kerb-side controls
- Knowledge of the relationships between land use/urban planning, transport planning, traffic, highway and network management and development
- Experience in the assisting in the delivery of projects and small programmes
- Awareness of the principles of Urban Design in terms of project design and development, land use planning and public realm.
- Understanding and experience of the design and operation of a road network to meet highway and transport policy objectives
- Understanding of key transport issues affecting London
- Understanding of the legal framework including highway and traffic authority powers, duties and functions
- Numerate and computer-literate, with good keyboard skills, with MS Office experience, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
This role is paying £275.86 per day and is an inside IR35 6 month contract role.
Please apply your details to find out more about this opportunity.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.