- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Associate - Highways
My client has an urgent requirement for an Associate to lead a team of highway designers predominantly working on schemes relating to HS2.
The role will involve -
- Client Liaison
- Preparing fee proposals
- Leading the HS2 Project Team
- Resource Planning and Co-ordination
- Commercial / Financial control of project
As well as -
- Highway Design Engineering experience - Geometric design of roads, roundabouts and junctions to DMRB and SHW
- Earthworks analysis cut/fill
- Drainage design and SuDs
- Utilities Diversions
Fee Proposals and Client / Stakeholder Management
Capability and Experience - Feasibility, Optioneering, Concept and Detailed Design
- Identify and understand constraints (above and below), topography and geology to develop design strategy in line with environmental and sustainable guidelines and considerations.
- Highway, Roundabout and Junction design (T, Staggered, grade separated junctions etc) - (DMRB + SHW)
- Drainage design and Hydraulic modelling - Sustainable Urban Design Solution (SuDs) (Manual for Streets, SUDs Manual, Sewers for Adoption). Attenuation, Balancing and Bio-diversity ponds, swales, retention basins etc…. positive / negative drainage.
- Flood Risk assessment and Hydraulic modelling
- Earthwork Design
- Cut/Fill Analysis
- Embankment/Cutting design to include drainage
- Pavement Design to include build ups /regulating material
- Utilities design and co-ordination. Service Diversions and provision of new services. Utility protection to service provider requirements.
- VRS ( Vehicle Restraint Systems) - Safety Fencing / Crash Barriers
- Signing and Lining Design
- Fencing Design
- Street Lighting
- Kerbing and Footways
- Traffic Management - traffic calming solutions
- Vehicle Tracking
- Stage 1, 2 and 3 Safety Audits
- CDM Regulations 2015
- Stakeholder Management - Technical Approvals and Applications (S38/278, 104, 106, 185, 247, 248 etc….)
- Service Providers ( Power, Gas, Water (Potable/Drainage), Communications)
- Government Bodies (EA, LLPA, HE, LAs etc)
Design Tools - UK industry wide standard design tools for highways and drainage
- Infraworks - concept design, VDC & Visualisations
- Civil 3D - Geometric Detailed Design, Earthworks and pavement Modelling, and 3D model clash detection
- Micro-drainage / Windes - Hydraulic Modelling & Design
Design Manuals and Specification, Government Policy and Guidelines
- In terms of design standards and specification, our bible is the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB - 14 Volumes) and Specification for Highways Works (SHW), for this type of work. Local Design standards will apply depending upon the UK region.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.