- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Support Engineer
My client based in Hatfield has a new opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer.
To be responsible for providing a centralised, coordinated technical and engineering support function to support the automation design, configuration and implementation of highly automated warehouses around the world.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you would respond to and coordinate technical queries, working with colleagues to ensure product knowledge is effectively communicated and maintained for all released products. Closely working with product specialists, realisation / implementation teams and product development key stakeholders. Acting as a central point of contact between stakeholders to process and escalate engineering issues and improve business processes with feedback.
- Coordinate with and support platform implementation teams during design, installation and commissioning phases of international projects.
- Follow and support the ongoing development of a robust system for tracking and responding to technical support queries.
- Ensure engineering product and system integrity by collaborating with product engineers from other streams to ensure that any changes or issues in one area do not negatively impact another products or overall system.
- Maintain and communicate product technical documentation for all products handed over from product development (including but limited to Manuals, BoM's, install guides, PDI & SAT checklists).
- Coordinate and support the use of concessions/deviations relating to MHE products.
- Provide support to Product Engineering team management, Product Specialists & Field Engineers.
- Standardisation of information by consolidating all streams and products and working with realisation, product engineer and supply chain.
- Support and maintain the processes used within the product engineering team.
- Support the resolution of engineering product change, negotiating with stakeholders to ensure the necessary resources are available to ensure changes to released MHE products are followed through to completion.
- Proven experience working directly with engineering/development teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Experience of a service management platform and managing workload through such a system
- Knowledge of automation (MHE) and general engineering
- Remote coordination and support experience
- Aptitude to debate engineering details with both internal and external parties
- Awareness of field installation of products and/or system
- Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- The ability to use CAD packages such as Solidworks, AutoCAD etc
- Engineering degree in relevant field
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.