- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Lead Systems Engineer
The company have been recognised as a fantastic business to work for and additionally value employee recognition and are proud members of the 5% club, building and developing their workforce throughout!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Flexible / Remote Work: A permanent yet flexible basis; the company's custom working policy gives employees the option to work on-site or remotely to balance both personal and business needs.
The company are looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to join an essential project where you will have the ownership from start to completion.
The Lead Systems Engineer will have significant experience of being accountable for design decisions and development prioritisation, as well as leading teams to deliver user-centric software systems within an agile development lifecycle.
As Lead Systems Engineer, you will act as Product Owner and Design Authority. You will have extensive experience of full lifecycle systems engineering, with key focus on architecture design, requirements elicitation, definition and decomposition, as well as evidence-based compliance to achieve certification and acceptance by internal and external assessors.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Proven experience in Systems Engineering (Hardware, Electronics or Software)
- Experience of being an agile product owner; managing a prioritising backlog items.
- Experience of agile systems / software agile development for product delivery to external customers.
- Performed the role of agile product owner, or equivalent level of design authority.
- Experience of leading design / delivery teams to develop complex, technical solutions in accordance with plans and processes.
- Highly proficient at requirements elicitation, negotiation and definition.
- Experience of engineering gate reviews and the associated assessment of design compliance.
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for problem solving and driving difficult issues to conclusion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication / collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of mission planning, mission data generation, and mission analysis.
- Experience of working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
- Strong aptitude for problem solving and an ability to understand complex interdependencies, as well as managing potentially conflicting inputs from multiple stakeholder groups.
- Experience working in the Defence / Aerospace Sector.
- EW Experience (Electronics Warfare) EW systems and architecture design is highly desirable.
- Understanding of airborne EW detection / countermeasure system and Radar system CONOPS.
- Sensor technology (e.g. signal processing & identification).
- Knowledge of web-based / micro-service architectures.
- Understanding of issues associated with managing large data repositories.
- Experience of Microsoft Azure for lifecycle management.
- Experience of MathWorks products.
- Experience of working alongside military end-users (e.g. to provide SME support).
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.