- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My Client is recruiting for a Proposals Engineer in the Water Sector.
As a Proposal Engineer, you will own the proposal development process for the Municipal and Industrial sector from concept through to handover to the Projects team.
You will develop proposals that communicate to clients that we understand their needs and values, and demonstrate that they can trust our solutions to meet their needs.
An ability to learn and understand the technology and adapt the commercial offering to match the needs and expectations of clients is critical.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Ensure all deliverables that support the proposal are delivered to deadlines and are signed off at the key stages.
- Ensure all proposals meet the customer's value drivers, clearly defining the scope of work and services to both the customer and the internal team.
- Maintain a customer focus, striving at all times to promote and match the needs of the customer in line with the objectives and needs as defined by the company.
- Have an active involvement in the ongoing development of the bid process, proposal design and structure focused on winning new business.
- Ensure that the value selling process is integrated into the proposal development process.
- Work with the Design, Sales, Projects and Purchasing teams to prepare a proposal that meets the customer value drivers.
- Attend meetings on site with customers as and when required.
- Ensure all proposals are prepared in a timely manner to comply with internal review and approval requirements.
- Have an active involvement in the review and categorisation of all requests for quotes (RFQs).
- Continuously review system designs focused on identifying potential areas of cost saving and revenue increase whilst maintaining technical standards.
- Introduce efficiencies and new methods of tendering.
- Liaise with our supply chain for technical information and competitive pricing.
- Attend bid clarifications and handover meetings.
- Manage the preparation and initial assessment of the technical, financial, schedule or any other unusual risks associated with a proposal.
- Clearly define the scope of work and services offered to the customer and identify any clarifications or exceptions to the customer's enquiry.
- Maintain knowledge of approved company vendors, estimating methods as well as project execution procedures.
- Ensure files are kept up to date in line with QA procedures.
- Ensure the CRM system is fully utilised and kept up to date with all relevant information in line with company procedures.
- To maintain a Customer focus and to strive at all times to meet the needs of the Customer in line with the objectives and needs as defined by the company
Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level or qualified by experience.
- Experience of proposal development.
- Previous water / wastewater experience.
- Desire to learn.
- Sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange complex information.
- Confidence to work with and communicate with people from across Mainland Europe.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Demonstrable experience of having built strong working relationships both internally and externally.
- A high level of accuracy.
- A passion for customer satisfaction and relationship development.
- Be results oriented and have a 'can do' attitude.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.