- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Technical Specialist - Fuel Cell Systems
An exciting contract opportunity for a Technical Specialist with proven Fuel Cell System Development experience. Developing 'Full Hybrid' Fuel Cell for passenger car understanding of System Control Strategy andAutomotive Industry experience..
This is a 12 month contract INSIDE IR35.
Long term role with the potential to convert to permanent.
Flexible and some remote working.
To be the technical lead for fuel cell research and development, a 'start-up' opportunity offering a wide scope for responsibility and growth for the right candidate.
* An understanding of the electrochemistry related to energy conversion in a fuel cell or battery and the physics of the corollary fluid systems. A thorough understanding of the related electrical systems will be a distinct advantage.
* A sound grasp of the various system attributes, their balancing and technology trends.
* Experience of defining engineering and test specifications for the related systems
* Experience of testing with a test rig and in vehicle, including climatic experience
* Good understanding of Hybrid Powertrain technology (Engine, Battery, E-Machine, Inverter)
* Working knowledge of controls systems with the ability to define requirements for the same.
* An excellent grasp of the Safety needs for developing Electric and Hydrogen powertrain vehicles and associated legislation.
* Experience gained working for an Automotive OEM and with a Supplier or vice-versa. The ability to work internationally with an open mindset, being adaptable to varied cultural approaches.
* Good understanding of powertrain development process from fundamental research, advanced engineering and product development.
* Strong appreciation of relevant state of the art simulation tools and an ability to work with system simulators to justify and creatively develop relevant system level models to run in vehicle system simulations.
* An understanding of ISO9001 and IATF16949 an advantage.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead and work with the engineering departments to define the development and test approaches for the application and integration of fuel cell powertrains in passenger vehicles.
* To create technical requirements specifications and supplier statements of work to assist in sourcing and testing of the various systems of the fuel cell powertrain. To work with Suppliers to develop product solutions for global markets.
* Perform system failure mode analysis and define test specifications of fuel cell systems, planning and conducting the same.
* To work with Powertrain Controls Systems Teams to define controls requirements.
* To assist in training of Staff in the understanding of Fuel Cell Systems.
* To assist and guide Staff to create appropriate simulation capability.
* Conduct studies for New Energy Vehicle Powertrains trends.
* Carry out research into Governmental laws and regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.