- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Design Engineer (Rail)
We are recruiting for a Senior Civil Design Engineer for a specialist railway structures contractor on a permanent basis.
- Ensure that design, construction and maintenance risks are identified and mitigated during the design stage.
- Carry out design checking.
- Adequately communicate and explain designs to the construction teams.
- Managing design deliverables and assisting in the delivery of project related tasks to meet budget, programme and quality targets on various projects.
- Liaise with colleagues, other departments and project teams with respect to design requirements.
- Comply with varying design standards ensuring all deliverables are compliant.
- At least 5 years post graduate work experience within Civil/Structural discipline in rail sector
- Strong working experience of railway lineside structures in both steel and RC design such as signal gantry, steel footbridge, signal post, concrete foundations, piled foundations, sheet pile retaining wall and structural buildings.
- Able to work independently under minimal direction.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary design coordination.
- Min. grade of 2.1 MEng degree or equivalent in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Ideally Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- Strong working knowledge of relevant Eurocodes and Network Rail standards.
- Proficient in Tekla.
- Working experience in Geosolve/WALLAP design suite for earth retaining structures.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.