- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Fibre Civils Supervisor
Our client are currently hiring for 2x experienced civils supervisors to work on their FTTH/FTTP rollout projects in Braintree, Essex.
- Supporting Project Managers in large scale telecoms projects deploying FTTH
- Carrying out inspections of the civils, fibre, PIA activities by the build contractor.
- An on-site presence with daily face to face contact with the contractor to build a collaborative relationship.
- Instructing searches for defects and notifying defects to the Project Manager and Contractor.
- Ensure compliance with the Works Information at all times and regularly check with the PM that all information is up to date and relevant.
- Daily communication with the Project Manager notifying of any defects that might prevent a completion certificate being issued against the activities schedule.
- Witnessing and/carrying out the tests and reporting any failures to the Project Manager.
- Keep a live log of the defects that have been notified but not corrected.
- Regular reporting to the Project Manager about the progress of work on site.
- Report to the Project Manager if a defect is going to withhold completion..
- Attend Risk Reduction meetings with the PM and contractor on a regular basis.
- Keep daily records of site diaries, records of contractor's resources, keep an eye on stock levels of key apparatus, photographs, contractors progress and weather records.
- Ensuring all post installation/as built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project.
Core skills required:
- Previous experience in supporting Project Managers in large scale telecoms projects deploying FTTH is essential
- Experience demonstrating collaborative teamwork to consistently deliver projects on time and to budget
- Experience in street works working environment and an in-depth knowledge of New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Must have a valid NRSWA Supervisor qualification
- Experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- In depth knowledge of Civils, Cabling, PIA OH/UG
- Ability to read SLD and plans.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.