- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
To carryout routine highway safety inspections, Inspect Street Works & Road Works activities throughout the borough, reporting on works in progress, overruns, defective apparatus, defective reinstatements.
Key Unit Accountabilities
- Arrange the timely and effective repair of defects and ensure the works carried out by utilities are in accordance with legislative requirements, national specification and Council directions, following the arbitration process in line with legislation where a resolution is not found.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on the public highway. Attend Joint Site Meetings with Promoters/Undertakers to discuss, method of work or remedial action to defective reinstatements in compliance to S.R.O.H. Actively identify any defective apparatus or defects while conducting daily inspections and report to the relevant Promoter/Undertaker for remedial action.
- Report consequential damage and un-attributable works to the utility company responsible and ensure a prompt and negotiated resolution.
- To provide as necessary supporting documentation to assist in the recovery of the Council's costs in respect of rechargeable works.
- Become fully familiar with and utilise the councils Register of Works System (Symology) using PDA's and Laptops/PC's.
- Upload/enter daily inspections, photos and route plan site visits to a time effective manner in order to meet team targets. Download inspection results and report all FPN relevant information to the appropriate Co-ordinator for the area.
- Review inspection history, permit conditions, plotted map locations and comments. Be competent in the duties of the post by providing accurate information under the governing acts.
- Safety Inspections: The inspection of the borough's road network is to determine defects likely to cause immediate danger or serious inconvenience to the public and therefore require urgent attention. These inspections will be carried out on foot. These inspections are carried out on a monthly, twice yearly and Ad Hoc basis.
- Reactive Inspection: The reactive inspection of defects reported by members of the public, Council Members, the Police, highway engineers, street care and others. All reactive inspections will be undertaken by the end of the working day following the initial report. Reactive inspections are carried out on an ad-hoc basis and do not conform to a pre-planned schedule.
- Inspection data will be used as a basis for raising works orders through the council's computerised works ordering system (Symology) or to notify utility companies and others of hazards resulting from defects with their plant and equipment and the term contractor to carry out defect remedial works found on the borough's road Network.
- Revisit site to confirm works have been completed via inspection measures report and approve orders ready for payment/invoicing.
- Taking advice from the highways engineers where necessary.
- Inspect development sites where road closures have traffic management in place when crane operations are taking place.
- Ensure the Council's Insurance section is given all the necessary information to defend all claims against the Council. This will include timely completion of the Council's Insurance documentation in conjunction with the Council's policy and procedures. To represent the Council's interests by giving evidence in a Court of Law on all matters relating to incidents on the Public Highway.
- Take full responsibility for the development and implementation of your own Personal Development Plan and with your own continued development in those areas relevant to your role within the Service.
- To keep abreast of technical developments and changes in legislation to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and to be able to take forward innovation relating to the duties of the post.
- Manage personal email accounts, reading and responding to queries promptly and in professional manner.
- Investigate and report findings in relation to citizen or Councillor enquires/complaints, report findings to your manager or senior management.
- Abide to the Governing acts by providing accurate and true Inspection results knowing that the information may be used in a legal capacity.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required to meet the demands of the service. These may be varied from time to time to meet the needs of the service consistent with the requirement of the job. Provide cover to other areas in the absence of staff to ensure that an adequate service is provided.
- Work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
- Take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld. This includes, amongst others; Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
- Take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.