- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Quality Assurance Engineer
An opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join DE&S, and be part of some of the most interesting and complex engineering projects in the UK.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to join DE&S, within the Weapons Operating Centre (WOC), at Abbey Wood, Bristol. Involvement in a variety of high profile and technically complex defence programmes make this role both exciting and challenging.
The WOC is responsible for the delivery and in-service support of munitions and weapon systems used by the Royal Navy, the Army and the Royal Air Force (including receipt, storage, issue and maintenance at UK MOD depots), as well as the provision of Test & Evaluation services for a wide range of military equipment, not just weapons
As a DE&S engineer, you will provide engineering leadership and subject matter expert advice and guidance to support acquisition and engineering managers. You will be involved in some of the most interesting and complex engineering projects in the UK. This will require regular interaction with both internal and external parties and advising a wide stakeholder community on all aspects of Quality Assurance, including setting strategy, identifying risk and working with suppliers to mitigate the impact of risk to equipment performance.
Please note that whilst this role is based in Abbey Wood, Bristol, there is some flexibility in the current climate for remote working, with travel into Abbey Wood as required.
Due to security requirements, this post is open to sole UK nationals only.
Quality Assurance Engineers at Professional II level in DE&S will understand the engineering process used in complex acquisitions, have an ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external customers and suppliers as well as be able to influence engineering decision making through provision of QA advice and guidance. You may take leadership of small teams of engineers.
Within this post, you will influence engineering and project management decision-making through the provision of QA advice. You will be involved in a variety of high profile and technically complex defence programmes, making these roles both exciting and challenging.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited, to following:
- Providing advice, guidance and support to teams on the application of quality policy
- Deliver the WOC (Weapons Operating Centre) Quality Strategy
- Maintain WOC processes as key resource for Delivery Team, in support of capability delivery
- Support continual improvement of WOC policy and processes through the WOC Quality Management System (QMS) and implementation of ISO 9001
- Promote the identification of Learning From Experience via the QMS
- Quality planning for team and supplier deliverables
- Identifying quality requirements within contracts
- Identifying and managing quality related risks
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Holds a minimum of Level 4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in an Engineering or Science related discipline OR equivalent relevant work experience
- Has experience working within a regulated engineering environment (e.g. nuclear, aerospace, defence, etc.)
- Experience of working to ISO 9001
It would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Has completed Lloyds Register Internal QMS Auditor training
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.