- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Engineer (Rail Civils)
We are currently looking for 2x Principal Engineers to work for a large design consultancy reporting directly into the Head of Rail to drive the delivery of their Railway Civils projects.
Locations include: Glasgow, York or Birmingham.
* Carry out the duties of Rail Civils Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Project Engineer (PE) as required.
* Ensure internal and contractor's design/construction/specialists' personnel have the correct competencies.
* Manage all Rail Civils engineering activities on allocated projects so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
* Manage the design and/or construction elements of allocated projects ensuring they meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) and CSM-RA regulations.
* Provide advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision.
* Assist the Head of Discipline (HoD) in developing a culture of technical excellence by driving a right first-time approach.
* Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
* Assist the HoD in the development & innovative solutions.
* Identify and help to share best practice across all project teams.
* Degree/HNC or relevant experience;
* Good communicator
* An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
* CDM, CSM-RA, risk assessment, engineering management competency.
* Experience in people management
* A working knowledge of Network Rail and other client Standards
* Specific experience of project development for rail Civils, NR approval processes and deliverables criteria for Rail Civils schemes.
* Approved as a Network Rail Contractors Responsible Engineers (CRE) or previously worked as a Network Rail Project Engineer
* Knowledge of quality assurance
* Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status.
* Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
* An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
* Project safety management experience
* Knowledge of Civils 3D and Bentley Microstation software packages
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.