- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, a leading telecommunications and technology contractor is looking for an experienced Project Manager to support their Fibre delivery.
Are you looking for your next challenge? We are currently seeking Project Manager. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of fibre cable activities on external telecom infrastructure contracts.
Our client is dedicated to transforming the way support is delivered nationwide to Openreach and other network operators, including Gigaclear. We aim to be the UK's leading network installation business, harnessing and enhancing the skills of our people to deliver high-quality cost-effective services.
You'll receive formal training and on-the-job training where appropriate - to ensure you're up-skilled as technology develops along with E-learning schemes to help or refresh skills on-line.
You'll be treated as an individual. We're not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you'll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
In these extraordinary times of the coronavirus outbreak our client is continuing to Recruit. We provide services to customers which are integral to providing mission critical systems and infrastructure across the UK and Ireland and we need to continue to deliver those services.
To help limit the amount of face to face contact during the recruitment process, we will now do more online assessments and use Skype/Conf Calls for interviews wherever possible.
To design and implement project design that delivers work in time and efficiently, in accordance with budget, Streetworks legislation and Contract delivery timescales and processes.
- Design a project that delivers the objectives required to meet or exceed target.
- Provide direction to Work Coordinators and Production teams.
- To ensure full compliance with local authority and statutory provisions for the administration of Streetworks legislation.
- To mitigate risk and ensure critical path activities are clear and achievable.
- To maintain accurate records of in-progress and completed work.
- To keep Project Sponsors and other stakeholders up to date with progress.
- To monitor spend against budget.
- To comply with the relevant Health and Safety Policy provisions.
- To perform other duties as required.
- To ensure all agreed client and internal KPI's are met or exceeded.
Business Operations Skills - Experience:
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Adept in the logistical skills required to produce effective and efficient work programs (Customer, materials, geography).
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Must be adept in use of software systems.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- Must have basic numeracy and literacy skills, to GCSE standard.
- Prince2 or show equivalent understanding (preferred).
- City and Guild NRSWA Coordination of Streetworks or equivalent (preferred).
- Results oriented team-player.
- Has clear focus on high quality customer service.
- Is reliable, mindful and shows tolerance.
- Makes sound and reasoned decisions.
- Able to prioritise and organise workloads to meet deadlines.
Excellent employee benefits:
Our client is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Reward scheme
- If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking key player within the telecommunications sector then don't delay, apply today.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.