- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Engineer (Hydraulics)
Our client is looking to recruit an ambitious Mechanical Engineer (Hydraulics) to join their highly driven team to be based out of London or Swansea.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineer to join at the very start of a global expansion so please be aware that global travel is essential for this position. This role would suit someone who is looking to take the next step in their career and looking for an opportunity where they can make a difference and be a real contributor to a dynamic growing company. Our client is a high-tech company specialising in the design, manufacture and operation of electro-based water-treatment products.
As a Hydraulic Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking surge analysis projects, hydraulic design of treatment works, and addressing general hydraulics queries as they arise. You will be a trusted advisor to client and contractor partners, and work closely with them to ensure best possible outcomes. The international scope of our clients work means that you will have the opportunity to work on overseas projects, as well as major UK water projects
- Practical hydraulic steady state and surge analysis experience of pipeline systems
- Pipeline and general design experience in the water sector
- Practical experience of open-channel flow calculations
- Experience of developing hydraulic profile calculations for water and wastewater treatment works would be desirable, as would be a good understanding of water and wastewater treatment processes
- Measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with managers
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- Using computer-aided design/modelling software
- Producing and implementing designs and test procedures
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Providing technical advice
- Analysing and interpreting data
- Experience in the water industry is essential
- Relevant Mechanical Engineering qualifications
- 5+ years industry experience minimum
- Full, UK Driving Licence
- Please note this position will entail a large degree of overseas travel so you must be flexible to stay away from home for periods and must be in possession of a valid passport.
- Up to £45k salary depending on experience
- Work based in London or near Swansea (currently working from home)
- Laptop and phone provided
- 25 days leave annually
- TOIL earner for anytime worked overseas
- 37.5 hour working week, 8:30am-17:00pm Mon-Thurs 1 hour unpaid lunch break, 8:30am-14:00pm Friday no lunch break
- Travel allowance (varies depending on role)
Our client has built an enviable reputation as a UK clean technology developer, systems designer and service provider to the Water, Wastewater and Environmental industries. It has developed a world-class client base with global offices in London, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and operations in Wales.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.