- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
The company have been recognised as a fantastic business to work for and additionally value employee recognition and are proud members of the 5% club, building and developing their workforce throughout!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain BPSS security clearance as a minimum.
Flexible / Remote Work: A permanent yet flexible basis; the company's custom working policy gives employees the option to work on-site or remotely to balance both personal and business needs.
The company are looking for a Hardware Engineer to join the team covering the full development lifecycle from initial design, through procurement to characterisation and test.
The role will require an ability to characterise and fault find, down to component level, using standard bench equipment and carry out repairs and modifications to a good soldering standard. It will also require the manufacture and repair of associated looms.
You'll complete electronics circuit design and development work, solve technical problems, complete analysis, schematic capture, PCB layout, simulation and other design validation tasks to produce, for example, high performance electronics for video signal processing, data acquisition and control functions. You will generate bills of material, full manufacturing and other technical documentation. You will complete lab work to build and assess designs and complete other electronics development and support engineering tasks. - Training will be provided.
A candidate with the right drive and capability will also have the opportunity in time to develop wider skills around firmware design and potentially software.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Experience in Analogue and digital design.
- Experience in Mixed Electronics would be of interest such as; Analogue, digital, firmware, software design, simulation, layout and / or validation
- Ability to use industry standard electronics design tools (Mentor, Proteus, LabVIEW - preferred)
- Experience in Schematic capture and simulation.
- Experience in or knowledge of PCB layout and Design verification.
- The ability to prepare technical documentation.
- The ability to develop test solutions and characterise designs in the lab.
- Ability to solve electronics design problems, and to complete accurate laboratory tests and measurements.
- Ability to solder surface mount components and looms to a good standard.
- You will need to be Computer literate, an Effective communicator, with good organisational skills
- Experience working in the Defence / Aerospace Sector.
- Experience in Analogue Electronics and design would be an advantage.
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.