- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Engineer - Navigation Systems
Our client has multiple positions for systems engineers from junior to principal levels. They are seeking engineers with a knowledge of GNSS or similar navigation systems technology. The roles can be based at Portsmouth or Farnborough.
Our client support the delivery of secured navigation which can be depended on when accurate navigation, positioning/ timing is mission critical. Their specialist teams provide their clients with consultancy support, research and the development of services & security capabilities for resilient positioning and navigation systems including Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Receivers.
- Lead/contribute to all stages in the delivery of customer focused research, development, consultancy and product support activities in the field of resilient Position Navigation and Timing (PNT)
- Provide technical expertise and advice on PNT aspects;
- Interact with and lead Subject Matter Experts working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Communicate ideas with multiple stakeholders and customers, at all levels, technical, non-technical and management;
- Able to identify, capture and drive forward innovative PNT solutions;
- Leading and contributing to projects, work packages and bids;
- Capture & Analysis of customer requirements, interpreting these to define clear road maps;
- System Design, Development & Testing of PNT products;
- Working across a broad spread of technical, project and security domains with the ability to work at both the 'big picture' and technical detail levels.
We are interested with speaking with Senior System Engineers with experience across Navigational Systems, ideally including GNSS receiver products and knowledge in one or more of the following subjects:
- Navigation system specification;
- Navigation signal processing;
- Multi-sensor navigation;
- Robust navigation techniques (anti-jam, anti-spoof)
- Real Time Kinematic satellite navigation;
- GNSS security;
- Alternative PNT approaches and techniques;
- Emerging PNT technologies and threats.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Degree qualified in a science, engineering or maths subject or applicable experience;
- Knowledge and experience of PNT and/or GNSS technology;
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and support with the development of innovative solutions;
- Able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, along with subcontractors and SME's, understanding and incorporating their input into broader technical solutions;
- Experience of requirements capture, design and implementation;
- Proven experience of working in a complex security domain;
- Proven ability to work across a broad spread of technical and project domains, understanding and shaping both the "big picture" and technical details;
- Willing to travel to other QinetiQ/customer sites where required (expected up to 10% travel time)
- British National, able and willing to attain MOD Security clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.