- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager looking for a new challenge, and interested in working with a leading Secure Communications Company?
This opportunity is for an Engineering Manager to lead a growing multi-disciplinary team working on the next generation of secure communication systems via satellite.
The ideal candidate is passionate about people management, and will be key in developing the engineering team whilst managing multiple engineering projects.
- Functional management of the engineering team, including their personal training and development.
- Working alongside the Product Delivery Manager to help deliver multiple projects.
- Leading-by-example with engineering practices, processes and life-cycles.
- Living the company culture and values, and creating a positive and collaborative working environment.
- A degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering or Computer Science related subject.
- Background leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams of 15+.
- Understanding of the full engineering life-cycle (V-model) and full software development life-cycle (SDLC).
- Familiarity with configuration management and version control.
- A background in Software and Hardware and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of Design for Security and encryption techniques/products.
- Understanding of networking technologies, security and programming.
- Experience of Technical Risk Management.
- Knowledge of requirements analysis, capture and management using IBM Rational DOORS.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be capable of obtaining security clearance to work on UK Government projects.
If you would like to know more about the position, please get in touch:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.