- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Lighting Engineer
Our client are currently recruiting for a Highways Lighting Engineer to join their South West Design Support Contract.
- Your main responsibilities will be to assist in the preparation of detailed designs and associated activities for delivery of Electrical and Lighting schemes within the SW DSC Area.
- You will work with the Team Lead / Senior Lighting Engineer to ensure scheme designs and works are delivered on time and to budget, delivering best value for Highways England.
- You may also be required to work with the HE Asset Team to assist with feasibility studies and scheme identification work.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external customers to understand and develop project objectives/deliverables.
- Build and develop excellent customer relationships.
- Assist in the training and developing team members covering areas such as technical, project management, commercial awareness and soft skills/behaviours to include Graduate Engineers, Technicians and apprentices.
- Design of maintenance and improvement schemes.
- Review of Development Control work (Section 278 works).
- Cost and budget control - including preparation and reporting of Cost Estimates, Early Warnings and Compensation Events.
- Health and Safety, Environmental and CDM Documentation
- Responses to Technical Queries and Requests for Information
- Value Management (VM) and Engineering including early Contractor involvement (ECI) and liaison with Project Managers and Construction Framework Contractors (CWF).
- Compliance with Highways England and SW DSC processes, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Compliance with Highways England performance requirements.
- Liaison with the Highways England and other stakeholders.
- Dealing with Customer enquiries and issues
- HNC/HND/Foundation Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering (Experience in Lighting Design and the Industry may be considered).
- Membership of a relevant Professional Institution and working towards IEng or CEng desirable.
- ECS and HEA accredited to include up to date modules and HEA portfolio.
- Computer literate, particularly with design packages to include the Microsoft suite of software, AutoCAD, Lighting Reality, Visual, Keylights and Amtech.
- UK/EEC Driving Licence essential.
- Exterior Lighting Diploma or equivalent.
- BS7671 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
Skills and experience:
- Design and construction experience in the highway sector.
- Experience in the design and delivery of Electrical and Lighting schemes.
- Commercial awareness in the delivery of projects.
- Knowledge of design resource planning and programme management tools.
- Experience of scheme studies and identification.
- Experience and ability in carrying out Electrical and Lighting Design, scheme identification, and development control work for maintenance, improvement and 278 Development schemes.
- Knowledge, experience and application of relevant British and European Standards and Approved Codes of Practice, including DMRBW/MCHW and other Highways England Standards, Technical Documentation and Interim Advice Notes.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety Management and the requirements of Construction, Design and Management Regulations (CDM).
- Good understanding of Highways England processes, procedure and performance requirements.
- On site and construction experience would be advantageous.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.