- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software Engineer
The company believe in values which they promote across their business UK wide, and are a strong believer in a work life balance, offering flexible working and a range of benefits! Due to a number of successes the team they are growing!
Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Travel: Ability to travel occasionally to other business sites in the UK (Subject to Covid Restrictions.)
The company are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is experienced across all stages of the development lifecycle, and have the ability to apply knowledge across a broad range of software disciplines from design, coding, testing, integration, build systems and configuration management across a diverse range of technologies and products.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be expected to have an appreciation of system architecture and prepared to take ownership of the software aspects assigned driving them to completion.
The Senior Software Engineer, will have no direct leadership responsibilities, although there may be mentoring of junior team members.
Ideally, you will have an appreciation of Agile methodologies applied in a technically rigorous environment for projects with defined costs, schedules and intermediate payment milestones
- Engineering Degree in a related discipline for example; Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience in Embedded Software development.
- High level programming languages (C++/C, Java, Python).
- Experience in using Linux Operating Systems / Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Clear and concise documentation skills (Microsoft office toolset).
- Configuration control (SVN and GIT)
- Continuous integration and build (Jenkins).
- Experience in UML and associated tools (Rhapsody and EA architect).
- Ability to work in Agile, experience in Agile development (Jira).
- Developing software in a regulated environment (Defence, Aerospace and Automotive)
- Experience working across Embedded Products / Systems would be advantageous.
- Qt/QML GUI Framework - Desirable
- Automated test technologies (GoogleTest, GoogleMock and Squish).
- IP Communications.
- Virtualisation experience (e.g. VMWare, Hypervisor).
For full information, please get in touch!
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.