- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Author/Document Controller
Our client, a Leading water sector specialist, is looking to recruit a Technincal Author/Doc controller to work on a Plastic recycling plant on a contract basis. This assignment will be Inside IR35.
You will provide operation and maintenance manual services to compliment the project delivery and ensure that the correct level of information is provided in a timely manner, at the correct phase of any project to enable the commissioning of works and the safe operation of plants. You will report directly to the Commissioning Manager and duties/responsibilities of this role will include;
* Establish contract specific requirements for manuals.
* Layout manual schemes/draft for agreement with project team / end user.
* Ensure that all internal documentation e.g. control philosophy, FDS, schedules, drawings etc is available and up to date.
* Ensure that all suppliers and subcontractors information is made available from the TDM / suppliers
* Prepare / organise graphics as required for completion of the O&M
* Prepare narrative and pictorial guide to operation of plants where needed to supplement supplier's data
* Prepare manuals and submit to commissioning team / end user.
* Drive excellence in Health and Safety in design. Ensure that Health and Safety Risks are identified and wherever possible safely managed for operational tasks
* Ensure manuals provide safe operation and maintenance instructions and are in line with all current legislation and good working practice.
* Assist in providing accurate assessment of time forecast for O&M manual preparation.
* Prepare manuals in line with company/customers procedures.
* Drive continuous improvement in technical delivery. Work with the design teams to facilitate the integration of ongoing improvement initiatives into the design process.
* Explore initiatives for new and more efficient means of producing manuals.
* Experience in a similar role desirable.
* A strong technical background is required.
* Knowledge of the documentation of both mechanical and/or electronic designs.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ideally educated to high standard in an engineering discipline, (minimum HND/HNC).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.