- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Maritime Autonomous Systems Engineer
Are you interested in working at the cutting-edge of technology, working towards making our waters safer?
We have exciting opportunities for two Maritime Autonomous Systems Engineers to join the DE&S Bristol-based team.
The Maritime Autonomous Systems Engineers will focus on replacing the Royal Navy's existing mine-hunters with a new, unmanned mine-hunting and disposal system, to safely clear sea mines. The system's innovative and modernised technology has the ability to defeat sea mines with a navigational 'sense and avoid' capability.
The team is working to demonstrate the viability of an unmanned system that can safely and successfully clear mines, and is designed to be operated from a land or ship-based operations centre and deployed from a suitable ship or port. This unmanned autonomous mine-hunting system is at the forefront of technology.
- Interface with industry as the intelligent customer and support the identification of technical and safety risks in the procurement of this new unmanned autonomous mine-hunting system
- Ensure that this acquisition meets requirements, as set out by the Royal Navy, and manage the delivery of all engineering aspects in your area of responsibility, including design development, managing safety and certification management of technical issues, and production of engineering documentation
- Work with industry and MOD stakeholders to provide expert advice
- Solve complex technical problems and support the procurement of these novel systems:
- Developing the capability
- Progressing to testing and trials stages
- Transitioning to service with the Royal Navy
To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- Experience delivering complex technical outcomes within regulated industry (e.g. nuclear, defence, oil & gas)
- Autonomous technology/robotics systems experience (or experience within an aligned discipline)
- A minimum of a L4 (e.g. HNC) qualification in a relevant engineering discipline OR extensive relevant experience
- Member of a relevant Professional Engineering/Science Institute or equivalent body (e.g. IEng or CEng), or ability to achieve within 12 months
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.