- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the day to day tracking of the project financials and in monitoring cost control as directed by the Commercial Director.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting in all surveying, estimating & purchasing duties associated within the assigned project
- Cost Control on all aspects of work carried out by subcontractors and third-party suppliers
- Assisting in implementing cost saving measures
- Analysing Supplier / Plant selection
- Update internal management system as appropriate
- Assisting with management of job cost control and budget estimates using existing internal management system
- Agree measures with subcontractors and local authorities, issue and prepare all payment certificates for sub-contractors and manage payment process, including allocation of costs and raising PO's etc.
- Preparation of Final Account's
- Manage, record, value and submit all contract variations.
- Provide weekly analysis of average costs per activity to ensure cost estimate and tracking are accurate and up to date.
- Provide a weekly reconciliation of material usage and ensure that the average material cost is accurate and up to date.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in the telecoms / utility sectors
- Previous experience in telecoms an advantage
- Ability to effectively interact with team members and senior management
- Process driven
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong commercial acumen
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.